Today while the girls napped, I experimented in the kitchen. Science experiments with lots of sugar and butter are my favorite kind.
I will give you the base recipe and directions. You choose your chip combination. I did one with butterscotch chips, one with semi sweet chocolate chips, one with white chocolate chips, and one with a combo of white chocolate and butterscotch chips.
Gather your ingredients:
6 Tbsp butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup “chips” (chocolate, butterscotch..etc)
1/2 cup pecan chips
Now,enjoy your time in the kitchen
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray 7X11 baking dish with pam or crisco spray
3. Cream butter and sugar together.
4. Add in eggs one at a time and mix well.
5. Mix in vanilla.
6. Add dry ingredients and until combined.
7. Stir in by hand chips and pecans.
8. Spread in baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool completely and cut in to bars. Enjoy with ice cream.
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners