On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 95.
You all have seen the White Chicken Enchiladas. They are smothered in a green chili sour cream sauce. Oh momma homma!!
One of my lovely readers wrote me to tell me how she turned this in to a pasta dish. SO EASY!! Much faster to assemble than rolling the enchiladas and baking. This was great. And if I tell my girls we are having noodles for dinner, I am the world’s best mom.
Chicken and Green Chili Pasta
1 lb penne pasta
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded with cumin and onion (2 cups)
2 cups shredded Monteray Jack Cheese
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
4 oz diced green chilies
1. Cook pasta acoording to package, drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9X13 cooking pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together chicken and cheese.
3. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour to make a roux and let bubble for 1 minute. Slowly add in chicken broth and stir constantly. Let bubble and thicken for 10-15 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in sour cream and green chilies. Stir until well combined.
4. In 9×13 baking dish, layer pasta, chicken and cheese mixture two times. Then pour sauce over top. Do not stir.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and golden on top.
*Season to your hearts desire. This is a mellow recipe with lots of room to flavor it how you like*
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners