Have you ever stayed in a Doubletree Hotel? If you have, you KNOW their cookies. They greet you with warm sweet cookies in the lobby. This makes me vow to always stay in a Doubletree……sneaky aren’t they?!
I typically use the no fail Nestle Tollhouse cookie recipe. My husband is a “chocolate chip cookie purist” so whenever I steer far from the norm…..he’s not real excited about it. Then, it happened….I found this recipe. I may never go back. These may be the cookies that my kids grow up eating. My oldest daughter does not love the nuts in them, but that is easy to adjust.
Doubletree Hotel Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookies
*adapted from The Little Kitchen
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 1/4 all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Pulse oats in a food processor until fine. Set aside
2. Cream together butter and both sugars. Add vanilla extract and lemon juice and blend. Add eggs one at a time. Beat together until mixture is smooth.
3. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. MIx well and add to wet ingredients. Stir with a spoon or spatula until blended. Be sure not to over mix.
4. Add in chips and walnuts and stir. Drop by tablespoon or cookie scoop on to a plate and refrigerate 2-4 hours or overnight. *do not skip the chilling step…..I promise it is worth the wait*
5. Preheat oven to 350 and place cookies on baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Bake 14-16 minutes. Let cool on pan before transferring to wire cooling rack.
* I store my cookies in a ziplock bag with a slice of soft bread to keep them from getting hard*
I also only bake half of the refrigerated balls and I freeze the rest in a bag labeled with the oven temp and time. Perfect to have on hand for a cloudy afternoon treat.
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners