This dish has a funny name, but as a child it was one of my all time favorite meals. I think all kids love this meal.
I make my freezer meals 2 ways. One way is to just make them all in a 2 day process. Compile my list, shop, and do meat prep. Then the next day I assemble them. The other way I like to do it is over the course of a week or two. I buy the ingredients enough to double the recipes, then I make one for dinner and just double it and put one away in the freezer. Then by the end of about 2 or 3 weeks, you have 10 meals frozen in the freezer ready to go for later. Your meals will do well in the freezer for 2-4 months.
1lb ground beef
1 can tomato soup
6 oz can tomato paste
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (I used whole wheat noodles)
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning (more to taste)
1 can (15oz) corn, drained
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1-2 cups shredded cheese (depending on your “cheesiness” preference)
1. Brown Ground beef with onion powder and garlic powder. Drain.
2. Cook noodles according to package, drain
3. In a large bowl, combine soup, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, noodles and ground beef. Stir in corn.
4. Transfer to an ungreased 8X8 freezer baking dish and top with cheese. I buy the foil pans. Easy peasy and you wont be missing a pan while this meal is in the freezer waiting.
5. Cover with foil. I like to use heavy duty foil and double wrap it to prevent freezer burn. Label and freeze.
Cooking instructions: Thaw and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until heated through and melted cheese.
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners