It is finally summer here in the Rockies. It rains and teases of warm weather in June. Then BAM! it is warm and sunny in July and our nights are beautiful.
I have my girls signed up for swim lessons for the first time. We get to go to the outdoor pool everyday and then some days we stay for open swim. Both girls are really getting confident and having so much fun.
All of the time at the pool, the park, and playing outside means that I don’t always have my act together come dinner time. And having a light, cold dinner is usually what sounds good (followed by a popsicle). I was able to assemble this Italian Chicken Pasta Salad before we left for swimming lessons and then when we got home all I had to do was set the table. I served this with fresh fruit and rolls from the Farmer’s Market.
Spend an extra few hours outside this week and make this salad before you leave the house. Return home to collapse from the sun and enjoy a cold, crisp dinner.
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 bottle Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl toss together the chicken, pasta, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and croutons.
- Pour on dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate to serve later.
Liked the Italian Chicken Pasta Salad? Try my BLT Pasta Salad