Have you all checked out Pinterest yet? Seriously, AWESOME!
Anywho…..this recipe is all over Pinterest and has brought in over 300,000 views on my blog! Isnt that so crazy. Well, it must be a good recipe. I think it is awesome and I love the flavor and how fast I can whip it up with 2 kids in the kitchen.
Give it a try. Go on. You know you are curious what hundreds of thousands are cooking
Chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce
*These are seriously so so good*
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Drool Drool Slurp Slurp. (Excuse me)
Welcome Pinners! Thanks for visiting. There have been hundreds of comments and questions on this recipe so I want to make some of the answers known up front. 🙂 Enjoy the recipe!
1. This recipe calls for diced green chilies. Don’t let that fool you, these are NOT spicy in the least. My 3 year old and 1 year old love them.
2. If you would like, you can substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream in the recipe. It is a 1 for 1 substitute.
3. If you cook your chicken first (rather than using a rotisserie chicken), you may wan to add some spices to give it extra flavor. I like the chicken to have good flavor. I tend to cook my chicken in the crock pot with some ground cumin, garlic powder, and ground black pepper.
4. You can make this ahead and keep it in the fridge up to 24 hours. Just put it in the oven and increase the time a bit. You will want to make sure they are heated through.
5. This sauce does not freeze well. Then enchiladas themselves freeze really well. I freeze a few pans of them double wrapped in foil and then I just make the sauce the day of. Thaw them first, add the sauce, cook according to original instructions.
6. Yes, your friends and family will like their plate and ask for you to bring them to every gathering from here on out.
Keep up with my current recipes HERE I am always adding new favorites. (find it here first before all your friends find it on Pinterest)
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners