Here in Montana, we only have one Olive Garden restaurant. And I happen to only live 2 hours away. Suffice it to say that on more than one occasion, I have found reason to make the 2 hour drive and squeeze in a trip to the yummy Italian restaurant. I know, I know….its no local fancy Italian place. But hey, it’s a huge treat to travel to the big city and wait 35 minutes for a table.
I love these breadsticks. I have made them plenty of times, and it is often requested when I have family coming to visit. There are never any leftovers. And rolling out the breadsticks is a fun task so we all gather round the kitchen to make these. And I tell my younger sisters that they should be called “won’t be single for long breadsticks”.
Olive Garden Breadsticks
1 1/2 cups warm water (110-120 degrees)
1 pkgs active dry yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
4 1/2 c flour
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 Tbsp salt
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
*Melt all ingredients in the microwave. Mix well
1. Dissolve sugar and yeast in water for 10 minutes. Mixture should be frothy
2. Add flour and salt and melted butter
3. Mix with dough hook until smooth. Do not over knead
4. Cut in to 12 pieces and roll in to a breadstick shape
5. Place on greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise 45 minutes
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes. Baste with basting sauce and cook 6 more minutes. Baste with remaining sauce. Cool 1-2 minutes (if you can wait that long). Devour! Try not to drool.
Keep up with my current recipes HERE I am always adding new favorites. (find it here first before all your friends find it on Pinterest)
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners