When it gets to be 90+ degrees in the afternoon, I have to do my baking in the morning. We love to have quick breads with all the yummy fruits in season. And there is nothing better than waking up to a house smelling of fruit and fresh bread. My girls always wake up just a smidge earlier in the morning when I am baking. Their little noses bring them straight to the kitchen.
We enjoyed this bread with a little bit of whipped cream cheese. My 1 year old licks off the cream cheese first, then snarfs down the bread.
Raspberry Lemon Bread
2 cups bread flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
zest of 1 lemon
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter milk
1/4 cup apple sauce
1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
3/4 cup fresh raspberries, cut each berry in half.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9×5 bread pan
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together all of the remaining ingredient except for the berries. Mix until well blended and slightly foamy. Add in the flour mixture all at once and mix only until dry ingredients become moist. Do not over mix or you bread will be gummy. It will be a very lumpy, thick batter. Gently fold in raspberries until evenly distributed.
4. Pour batter in to a greased 9X5 bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes, until done in the middle.
5. Let bread cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove bread from pan to a cooling rack. Let cool slightly, slice and serve warm.
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners