Growing up, this was my absolute favorite dinner. Actually, it still is! My mom would make this for me on my birthday. She made this frequently, it reminds me of home. Even the smell of the vinegar reminds me of her house.
I tend to like this best with my own homemade meatballs, but the store bough homestyle ones work great in a pinch. Time to make more to store in my freezer. I usually make about 5lbs to keep on hand. Recipe coming soon.
This recipe is from my mom and then with the help of a few books, I doctored it to work in my slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
24 oz frozen meatballs, I like home style
2 green bell peppers, diced
2/3 cup white vinegar
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup cornstarch
16 oz pineapple chunks, undrained
Hot rice for serving
1. Place meatballs (can be frozen still) and diced green peppers your slow cooker.
2. Mix vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Pour over meatballs and peppers.
3. Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
4. Add in pineapple and juice. Stir and cover to heat for 30 minutes.
5. Serve with hot rice. I like brown rice and a side of broccoli.
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners