White Chicken Enchiladas are ALL the rage, and for good reason. The flavor is incredible. Bold flavor but not spicy. Creamy comfort food, yet not too rich. These are a winner in all categories and will satisfy even the pickiest eater.
Welcome Pinners! Thanks for visiting. There have been hundreds of comments and questions on this recipe (White Chicken Enchiladas) so I want to make some of the answers known up front. 🙂 After you make these, you will probably want to try a few of my other VERY popular recipes that are similar
White Chicken Enchiladas:
- This recipe calls for diced green chilies. Don’t let that fool you, these are NOT spicy in the least. My 3 year old and 1 year old love them.
- If you would like, you can substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream in the recipe. It is a 1 for 1 substitute.
- If you cook your chicken first (rather than using a rotisserie chicken), you may wan to add some spices to give it extra flavor. I like the chicken to have good flavor. I tend to cook my chicken in the crock pot with some ground cumin, garlic powder, and ground black pepper.
- You can make this ahead and keep it in the fridge up to 24 hours. Just put it in the oven and increase the time a bit. You will want to make sure they are heated through.
- This sauce does not freeze well. Then enchiladas themselves freeze really well. I freeze a few pans of them double wrapped in foil and then I just make the sauce the day of. Thaw them first, add the sauce, cook according to original instructions. (Need more freezer meal ideas? I’ve got a ton!)
Yes, your friends and family will lick their plate and ask for you to bring them to every gathering from here on out.
*These are seriously so so good*
Subscribe below to keep up with my current recipes. I am always adding new favorites!
(Find it here first before all your friends find it on Pinterest!)
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners