Buttermilk Banana Bread
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening, Crisco makes this
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp buttermilk
- 6 mashed, overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 bread pans.
- Cream together Crisco and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and buttermilk Mix well.
- Fold in mashed bananas.
- Pour batter in to prepared bread pans. Bake for 1 hour and test center with toothpick to make sure its done.
- Let cool in pans for 20 minutes before removing to wire cooling rack.
- Try this with cream cheese spread on top. Delicious!