Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups pizza sauce (homemade or jarred)
- 12 thin slices of fresh mozzarella
- Noodles for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together first 10 ingredients. Shape in to 12 golf ball sized meatballs. Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Mix olive oil and 1/4 cup pizza sauce in a small bowl and brush this mixture over the top of each meatball. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and spoon 1Tbsp pizza sauce over each meatball and top each with a slice of fresh mozzarella.
- Place back in oven and broil on high for 3 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Heat remaining sauce in a small sauce pan and serve over noodles.