Cinnamon Apple Pie Cake
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups superfine white sugar (just spin a few times in the blender)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 10 inch spring form (cheesecake) pan with nonstick spray.
- Layer the apple slices in the bottom of the pan until they come about 2/3 of the way up the pan.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp Cinnamon Sugar over the apples
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in oil and vanilla and beat well. Fold in the flour.
- Pour batter over the apples and tap the sizes of the pan. Let the pan set for about 10 minutes for the batter to seep down in between the apples.
- Sprinkle top with 1/4 cup Cinnamon Sugar and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely before slicing. We enjoyed the slices warmed in the microwave with ice cream.