Grammy’s Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup real butter, I use salted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour, salt, and soda. Mix until nearly combined. Add milk and mix. Dough will be crumbly.
- Use hands to form dough in to 3 balls.
- One at a time, roll a ball of dough out on to a floured surface 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut shapes. You can also use a glass to make circles.
- Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with colored sugars or other sprinkles.
- Bake for 9 minutes until puffed up but do not let the edges brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.