One Skillet Cheeseburger Pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (28 oz can) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 lb rotini pasta (or any kind of small pasta)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Cheddar Jack)
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions sliced (whites and greens)
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion for about 5 minutes until beef is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in canned diced tomatoes with juices, tomato sauce, chicken broth, 2 cups water, ketchup, dijon mustard, pasta, and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer until pasta is cooked and tender. About 20 minutes.
- Temove from heat, stir in cheese and cover to let set and thicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve with green onions and quartered cherry tomatoes on top.