Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups flour (i used all purpose, but experiment with substitutions as needed)
- 3/4 cup Maple sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp VeganEgg algae protein powder
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp maple sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix the flour, 3/4 cup maple sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together the VeganEgg protein powder and ice cold water in a measuring cup.
- In a small bowl, whisk together VeganEgg mixture, coconut milk, and vegetable oil until smooth.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Scoop 2-3Tbsp batter in to prepared muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp maple sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffin batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and done in middle.