Serve Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and a slice of garlic bread. Loaded with healthy veggies and warm for a cold, snowy day.
This recipe I was leery of. I didn’t like Minestrone soup growing up, so I was not sure I would like this one. But the picture in the cook book looked really yummy, and I had most of the ingredients on hand.
And let me tell you, I have already called dibs on this for lunch and I will be making it again for sure.
Don’t be afraid that it calls for chopped cabbage. It really did taste good. I didn’t get to add in the zucchini, there was none to be found. I couldn’t even find chopped, frozen zucchini. If you add this in, I am sure it is good.
This recipe comes from my Taste of Home Slow Cooker book. 400 recipes that are totally worth the $14 I spent on the cook book.
Forgotten Minestrone Soup
- Prep: 15 min. Cook: 7-1/2 hours
- Yield: 8 Servings
15 450 465
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced dried parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add the zucchini, cabbage, beans and macaroni; cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes or until macaroni and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle servings with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Liked the Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup? Try my Chicken Noodle Soup recipe
↓↓↓ And don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓