On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days.. Here is recipe 50.
My favorite kind of weekend breakfast is warm sweet bread and fruit. The taste of this cinnamon bread is wonderful with a cup of green tea and a big bowl of strawberries.
The inside is so pretty when you cut in to it. It is swirled and marbled with a yummy cinnamon sugar layer.
Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
* Taste of Home Magazine*
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda, and salt.
2. Combine the buttermilk, eggs, and oil and stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
3. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
4. Grease a 9X5 loaf pan and pour in half the batter. Sprinkle with half cinnamon sugar mix and top with remaining batter. Sprinkle to of bread with remaining cinnamon sugar and cut through with a knife to swirl.
5. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes until done in middle. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners