I found this delicious Orange Beef and Broccoli recipe in a Weight Watchers magazine. I couldn’t pass it up knowing I had some steak in my freezer to use. And this is the dish my husband always chooses when we go to any Asian restaurant.
This meal had a 10 minute prep and a 10 minute cook time. That is a winning statement in my kitchen.
My husband loves to get pictures of food simmering and sizzling. I usually don’t get these ones because I would probably drop my camera in boiling sauce or burn myself.
Remind me to tell you sometime about the time I burned my arm and singed my eyelashes. OYE!
This is my plate. I prefer a higher broccoli to beef ratio.
This is my husbands plate. He likes steak. He really likes steak.
Orange Beef and Broccoli Ingredients:
PointsPlus: 6 points per serving
I served this with brown rice, but according to the magazine, ½ cup white rice has 3 points. So add that in if you are counting points.
1 (12 oz) pkg refrigerated broccoli florets
⅓ cup fat-free, lower sodium beef broth
⅓ cup low sugar orange marmalade
2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed and cut into thin slices (I used RanchLine All Natural)
1. Microwave broccoli according to package directions. (mine only took 4 minutes right in the bag)
2. Cook rice to serve with the dish. I used instant brown rice.
3. While broccoli cooks, combine broth and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
4. Place cornstarch in a gallon size ziplock bag. Add steak strips and shake to coat.
5. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat. Add steak strips and cook about 5 minutes until steak is browned on both sides. (Seriously, this is a dish that calls for a really high quality steak)
6. Add in broth mixture and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute until thickened. Stir in hot broccoli and serve over rice.
* This recipe says that it makes 4 servings at 6 points each. I doubled the recipe and my husband, toddler, and I ate the whole amount. It is fair to say that we consumed WAY more than 6 points! *
Calories per serving: 238
Protein per serving: 27g
Fat per serving: 7g
I said it above, but this is the kind of recipe that you want a really high quality steak. You don’t want chewy, rubbery steak to serve. You really can’t hide the texture in this dish.
If you just are not sure how to buy a good steak (I can never pick a good one out), consider ordering from RanchLine All Natural. I have used their steak twice now, and it has been amazing.
And please note, I rarely cook steaks because I don’t know how to pick a good one and then I end up having a “not very tasty” meal. Not anymore! (My husband is so thankful)
Liked this Orange Beef and Broccoli recipe? Try my No Fail Beef Brisket
↓↓↓ And don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓