I know it is not yet fall…..and in just a few short weeks we will all be bombarded with PUMPKIN EVERYTHING…and Salted Caramel EVERYTHING! So, I will hit you up first with this yummy fall breakfast recipe: Pumpkin Apple Spice Muffins.
I found this on Mel’s Kitchen Café and it is wonderful. The Pumpkin Apple Spice Muffins are so moist and the crispy topping is perfect. I made 1 dozen and then froze the batter in muffin cups for use later. Easy Peasy!
Pumpkin Apple Spice Muffins
1 2/3 cup all purpose four
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 apple peeled and finely chopped (I have used Granny Smith and Pink Lady)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 Tbsp sugar
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees*
1. Combine the flour, sugar, 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin, butter and eggs. Add to the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
3. Fold in diced apples. Scoop batter in to greased muffin tin filling 2/3 full.
4. Mix together 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice and 3 Tbsp sugar and sprinkle over top of muffin batter.
5. Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes until done in center. Cool slightly and serve.
*If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own. To make 1 tsp equivalent use 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and 1/8 tsp cloves. Mix well. This is also cheaper than buying the prepared spice mix.
Liked this Pumpkin Apple Spice Muffins recipe? Then try my Spiced Pumpkin Bars