On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 72: Thin Mint Cookies and Cream Pie!
We love Girl Scout cookies in our house. I am not a fan of Thin Mints (I know….am I human?) I prefer the Samoas and Savannah Smiles. My husband however is a NUT for Thin Mints, and he does not have a sweet tooth.
My husband was so wonderful to buy me 4 boxes of my favorites and only buy him 2 boxes of Thin Mints. I was not so wonderful and used both of his boxes of Thin Mints to make this pie. Then when he went to the grocery store to get more from the Girl Scouts out front, they had sold out. SAD!! I am feeling pretty bad for him. I’m still looking for more.
Once I realized that I would be using ALL of his Thin Mints, I started to worry. See, he likes these cookies but he is not a fan of whipped cream. This pie is all whipped cream. So I was holding out that the hope that it is a cookies and cream pie and that he loves me more than cookies. It worked! He ate two pieces and reassured me that the pie was worth his only two boxes of Thin Mints. However, I still want to find him more. Anybody want to mail me a box?
Thin Mint Cookies and Cream Pie
48 Thin Mint Cookies, divided
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
Extra cookies to line the pie plate
1. In a food processor, finely grind 24 cookies. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter and press evenly in to a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Whip 1 cup heavy whipping cream with 3/4 cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
3. Crush 12 cookies and fold in to whipped cream. Spread mixture into the crust.
4. Whip 1 cup heavy whipping cream with 1/2 cup powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
5. Crush 12 more cookies and sprinkle on top of cookie and cream layer. Top with soft whipped cream. Slide whole cookies into the filling around the edges. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Found in Rachel Ray Everyday Cooking Magazine*
Loved my Thin Mint Cookies and Cream Pie? Try Cookies And Cream Brownies
↓↓↓ And don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓