Creamy Chicken and Salsa Burritos
4 chicken breasts (can use frozen)
1 cup chunky salsa (plus more for toppings)
3/4 cup tomato sauce
8 oz diced green chilies
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg ranch dressing mix (I use this in everything!)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
12 flour tortillas
2 cups cheese (I like Kraft with Philadelphia 3 Cheddar)
Toppings of choice; salsa, guacamole, sour cream
1. In a crock pot, combine the following ingredients: chicken, chilies, beans, ranch mix, salsa, tomato sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
2. Remove chicken breasts and shred. While chicken is out of the crock pot, scoop out the extra liquid. Mine had a lot of liquid since I used frozen chicken.
3. Add in the softened cream cheese and the shredded chicken. Stir to mix well.
4. Spoon chicken filling in to flour tortillas and roll up. Place in a greased 9×13 pan. Top with 2 cups cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. I used to 2 pans since this makes 12. Make one pan for tonight and freeze the other pan for a quick dinner.
* When you are ready to eat the frozen ones, just pop in the oven and bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 and then uncovered until heated through, usually another 30 minutes. *
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners