So simple and so delicious. This Pesto Chicken Pasta is ready in 20 minutes and you only need a handful of simple ingredients.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in to bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- parmesan cheese to garnish
- chopped fresh basil to garnish
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Combine chicken garlic, salt, and pepper in the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes until chicken is browned on the outside. Chicken will not be totally cooked through yet and that is ok.
- Mix in heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto and stir until evenly combined with chicken in the skillet.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to simmer and let cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss in pasta and cherry tomatoes.
- Top with fresh basil and parmesan.
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners
You already have my FREE One Skillet Meal cookbook. Now join the 6K other subscribers and take the Meal Planning Challenge! You will be a meal planning HERO in no time!