Did you know that Baked Chicken Parmesan is in the top 3 favorites in Italian restaurants. This recipe has been swarming all over Pinterest for about a month now. So, being that I love Pinterest…..I figured I better give it a try. I am SO SO glad I did. My husband and toddlers agree.
It did take a little longer than an hour to bake, but next time I will cut my chicken breasts down to 1/2 to 1 inch thick and make sure they are completely thawed in the middle. That being said. So worth the wait and we all had seconds.Print
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 5 thawed chicken breasts, cut to 1/2 to 1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (5 oz) bag Butter and Garlic croutons
- 2 cups marinara sauce. (I used Classico roasted tomato and basil)
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- In a casserole dish, (I used an 11×9 foil pan) drizzle in the olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Put the minced garlic evenly over the olive oil.
- Layer on the chicken breasts in to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour marinara sauce over top and sprinkle with the dried basil
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup parmesan cheese.
- Top with croutons followed by remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes at 350 until chicken is 160 degrees.
Liked the Baked Chicken Parmesan? Try my Cheater Chicken Parmesan