Did you know that Baked Chicken Parmesan is in the top 3 favorites in Italian restaurants. This recipe has been swarming all over Pinterest for about a month now. So, being that I love Pinterest…..I figured I better give it a try. I am SO SO glad I did. My husband and toddlers agree.
It did take a little longer than an hour to bake, but next time I will cut my chicken breasts down to ½ to 1 inch thick and make sure they are completely thawed in the middle. That being said. So worth the wait and we all had seconds.
Baked Chicken ParmesanBy
- 5 thawed chicken breasts cut to ½ to 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 5 oz bag Butter and Garlic croutons
- 2 cups marinara sauce. I used Classico roasted tomato and basil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 cups parmesan cheese grated
- In a casserole dish, (I used an 11x9 foil pan) drizzle in the olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Put the minced garlic evenly over the olive oil.
- Layer on the chicken breasts in to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour marinara sauce over top and sprinkle with the dried basil
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup parmesan cheese.
- Top with croutons followed by remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes at 350 until chicken is 160 degrees.
Liked the Baked Chicken Parmesan? Try my Cheater Chicken Parmesan