On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days.. Here is recipe 25: Baked Fajitas!
We love Mexican food. And my husband almost always order fajitas when we go to a Mexican restaurant. I don’t make fajitas often because you really have to tend to them at the stove. With two little ones, I need to be able to do the prep and get it cooking and walk away from it for a bit.
This recipe fit the bill perfectly. In fact, I was able to do all the chopping at nap time and I even mixed up the seasonings then as well. Then, I just had to pop it all in the oven at dinner time. Easy!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 green bell peppers
1 small onion (I like yellow onions)
1 can diced tomatoes (15oz)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
12 tortillas, warmed
toppings (sour cream, guac, salsa, cheese, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9X13 baking dish.
2. Slice veggies and chicken in to long thin strips and place in baking dish.
3. Mix oil and seasonings in a small bowl and drizzle over chicken and veggies. Stir to coat.
4. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until chicken is done and veggies are tender. Stir twice while baking.
5. Serve with warm tortillas and lots of toppings.
Liked my Baked Fajitas? Try Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
↓↓↓ And don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓