On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. This is recipe 26.
I love lemon. Lemon bars are one of my favorite treats. I had some lemons to use and I was hoping to make a sweet treat for a tea party I had planned with my girls. What is more perfect for a tea party than sweet little cookies with powdered sugar?!
These taste just like lemon bars! I added a little secret ingredient to put them over the top…….
See that shiny glaze on the top of those cookies? I brushed the warm cookies with lemonade concentrate while they were still warm. It gave them a little more lemon zip and made them so moist and “lemon bar” perfect. Top with some powdered sugar and these are amazing!
Lemon Tea Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp Kosher salt (1/8 tsp if using regular salt)
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbsp frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time until well blended. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
4. Add lemon juice and zest, mixing well until blended.
3. Add salt, baking powder, and flour. Stir until blended.
4. Drop by rounded spoonful on to cookie sheet. (I used my cookie scoop) Bake for 12-15 minutes, careful no to let the edges get brown. Bake just until edges are firm.
5. Remove cookies from oven and let cool for 1 minute. Brush with lemonade concentrate. Let cookies cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners