On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. This is recipe 12. This Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken is SO.GOOD.
Really, I try not to use all caps, to avoid that yelling effect, but I couldn’t help myself. This recipe has been floating around Pinterest for months and I am kicking myself for waiting so long to make it. If it didn’t take so much “stand time” in the kitchen, I would make it weekly. This is WAY better than any takeout Sweet And Sour Chicken and my entire family loves it.
Know what I mean by “stand time?” I have two toddlers and they are busy and fun and require that I always have one hand free tend to them. This chicken is amazing and worth the time, but you will need about 30 minutes to tend to this chicken before putting it in the oven to bake.
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 cup corn starch
2 eggs, lightly beaten with ¼ cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup ketchup
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut chicken in to ½ in chunks and sprinkle with salt and pepper
3. Coat with corn starch, then dip in egg. Set aside on a plate.
4. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown pieces of chicken in oil until brown on each side but not cooked through.
5. Place browned chicken in 9X13 baking dish. Mix sauce ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake in oven for 60 minutes stirring and turning chicken every 15 minutes.
6. Serve with rice and devour.
If you liked this Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe then try my Baked Chicken Parmesan