Rice Krispie Bars are always such a treat. But be honest.....you have had a few homemade bars that are hard and dry and just not even worthy of being called dessert. The trick to these 'ooey gooey extra soft and thick' Bakery Style Rice Bars is the ingredients and pan (isn't that always the trick?!)
Because these bars are made in 2 (8x8) square cake pans, they come out nice and thick which keeps them gooey and soft.
Keep these Bakery Style Rice Krispie Treats in an air tight container and they will keep for 5 days. That is.....if they don't get eaten before then. Remember these in the summer when you need a treat but don't want the added heat of using the oven.
Bakery Style Rice Krispie BarsBy
- ¾ cup butter
- 9 cups + 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Line 2 (8x8) cake pans with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in 9 cups mini marshmallows and continue to stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- When almost finished mixing in cereal, add in the 4 cups mini marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Divide evenly between two pans and press down.
- Allow bars to cool before cutting.
Liked the Rice Krispie Bars? Try my Creamy Rice and Sweet Peas