Spring is just around the corner and Easter is almost here. My favorite way to use all those hard-boiled eggs is to make Deluxe Egg Salad. I have tried many recipes and nothing compares to this one. The added cream cheese takes it to the level of A-W-E-Some!! (I just did an old cheerleading chant in my head.....gotta love that!)
Now, I'm going to give you a tip. Take the time to dice up two baby dill pickles rather than using relish. It really does make a difference in the texture and taste. Also, I slice my eggs in half and put the yolks in a bowl to mix with the other wet ingredients and I only chop the whites of the eggs. The yolks tend to crumble and just stick to my knife and make things difficult.....so I changed up the process to make it easier on myself. You.Are.Welcome 🙂
You can serve these on toast, on bread, in a tortilla, on a roll, or by the spoonful. I LOVE LOVE having egg salad with a leaf of butter lettuce on a croissant. WOAH! Make these for lunch or dinner to serve with soup but don't forget that eggs are a breakfast staple so get crazy and have one for breakfast.Print
Delux Egg Salad
- 10 hard boiled eggs
- 2 baby dill pickles, diced
- 2 Tbsp minced celery
- 1 tsp grated onion
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Slice hardboiled eggs in half and place yolks in a medium mixing bowl. Dice egg whites and place in second mixing bowl.
- Add diced dill pickles, minced celery, and grated onion to the bowl with the chopped egg whites.
- In the bowl with the yolks, add cream cheese, mayo, sugar, leomn juice, salt and peper. Mash together and mix until smooth.
- Add mashed ingredints to the chopped eggs and veggies and fold together.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours or overnight.
- Serve on a roll, croissant, or toasted bread.
Liked the Deluxe Egg Salad? Try my Veggie and Ham Egg Scramble