I’m not sure if you have been reading my blog for long. If you have been around for a few posts, you have probably caught on to the fact that I love adding cream cheese to my reciepes as a “secret ingredient”. You will love these Perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies and your friends will ask you to make them again and again. I add cinnamon to the dough AND I roll them in more cinnamon. These are full of flavor!
This is a great cookie to have your kids help with. My 3 year old daughter loves to roll the dough after I scoop it and my 5 year old jumps in on the fun by placing them on a cookie sheet and slightly flattening them with a spoon.
You will see that I added a gallery of pictures above so that you can get a good visual of what each stage entails. I like to use a cookie scoop to get the same size for each cookie and it makes it so easy to scoop and roll. You can see that these come out with delicious cracked edges and a soft center.Print
Perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugr
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butt, cream cheese, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, cream of tartar, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Slowly add in the flour on low speed and mix just until combined.
- In a pie plate or small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Set aside.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. Roll each in to a ball and then roll in cinnamon sugar topping.
- Place on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Slightly flatten cookie with back of a spoon.
- Bake 10 minutes. Middle will still seem unset, but will firm up while cooling.
- Store in airtight container.
Liked the Perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies? Try my Perfect Apple Pie