Perfect Apple Pie. An All-American favorite! Flaky crust and tart-sweet apples with cinnamon spice. This is my husband’s very favorite dessert. I make if for Father’s Day, his birthday, and always on holidays. It’s fair to say that this is the Perfect Apple Pie.
I will let you in on a little secret. I always use refrigerated pie crust. But if you really want to make your own, here is a great recipe and it can be kept in the freezer.Print
Perfect Apple Pie
- 2 pie crusts (one for top, one for bottom) thawed and at room temperature
- 7 cups peeled, and thinly sliced granny smith apples (about 6 large apples)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples and lemon juice. Pour sugar mixture over apples and mix well.
- Line a pie plate with one pie crust and pour apple filling on top.
- Place second crust on top and fold over edges together sealing it.
- Place 3 small slits in top of pie.
- Place pie plate on a rimmed cookie sheet to catch any bubble over.
- Bake for 35 minutes, remove and cover with foil, bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven to wire cooking rack and let cool completely before serving.
Liked this recipe? Don’t miss out the Apple Pie Taquitos