Cinco De Mayo will never be the same! These Apple Pie Taquitos are so wonderful. And you can’t beat 5 ingredients that transform in to the perfect apple pie treat. Crispy, cinnamony, and perfectly sweet. I drizzled with mine with caramel sauce, because I like to live life to the fullest. But get crazy! Top these with ice cream or with powdered sugar. Let your taste buds be your guide.
I rolled out a pre-made pie crust extra thin and used the lid from a sour cream container as a cutter. It worked perfectly!
Put 1 or 2 Tablespoons of chopped apple pie filling in the center and roll them up.
Brush the rolled up apple pie beauties with melted butter. Melted butter is ALWAYS a good idea.
Roll them in a pan of cinnamon sugar and place them on a lined baking sheet. Let these get golden and crispy in the oven. They are beautiful!
Apple Pie Taquitos
- 1 package pie crusts (two crusts)
- 1 can (20oz) apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out pie crusts to be a bit thinner, and use the lid of a sour cream container to cut circles as close together as possible in the pie crusts.
- Chop apple pie filling so that the apple pieces are very small.
- Spread a line of filling down the center of the pie crust. 1 to 2 Tbsp per circle.
- Roll up the apple pie filling in the crust and brush all sides with melted butter.
- Place sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish and mix well. Roll the buttered taquitos in cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until they turn a light golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes and drizzle with caramel sauce, or top with ice cream.
Liked my Apple Pie Taquitos? Try the Perfect Apple Pie