Buttery, flakey, and totally covered in cinnamon sugar. The thin layer of sweet cream cheese will make these Churro Cookies your favorite cookie. These are so simple and quick to make. Pie crust, sweet cream cheese, and cinnamon sugar. Easy Peasy!
Lay one pie crust on to parchment paper and spread with the sweet cream cheese mixture. Top with another layer of pie crust.
Use a glass, round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter to cut out circles. Save the edges of dough to twist in to different shapes before baking to make churro sticks. No waste here!
Press the edges with a fork to seal the cookies. Keep cookies on parchment paper and transfer the whole thing to a baking sheet. Bake and admire the golden beauties!
As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, let them cool for about 5 minutes. If you try to brush them with butter while still hot, the butter will soak in to the cookie and the cinnamon sugar mix won’t stick. Brush the cookies with butter and dip in cinnamon sugar one by one, coating both sides.
Enjoy these tender, flakey cookies and then ignore the sprinkling of cinnamon sugar that is now everywhere. Don’t forget to make Churro Cheesecake Bars as well. So easy to make for a crowd.
- refrigerated pie crust, one package has two crusts
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay out one sheet of parchment paper and roll out one pie crust.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Spread mixture on rolled out pie crust. Roll out second pie crust and place on top of cream cheese.
- Use a round cookie cutter, glass, or biscuit cutter to cut out your cookies. Gently seal the edges of the cookies with a fork.
- Use the extra dough to twist up shapes to bake to make churro bites.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes until light golden brown. Let cookies cool
- Brush cool cookies with melted butter and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture on both sides.
Liked my Cinco de Mayo Churro Cookies? Then don’t miss the Churro Cheesecake Bars