Grammy’s Sugar Cookies. Sugar cookies are a buttery classic. My Grammy is KNOWN for her deliciously perfect sugar cookies. And don’t get all worked up about decorating these with icing and making them works of art. The flavor is the work of art. Simply sprinkle with colored sugars and any other sprinkles you love. They puff up perfectly and have the slightest browned bottoms. Gorgeous.
The thing that should really sell you on this recipe, is that you don’t have to chill the dough. You can take these cookies from recipe to fresh out of the oven in about 20 minutes. You only need 7 ingredients, and I nearly guarantee that you have them all on hand. Grab you sugar and butter, lets bake!
Did you read my Kids In The Kitchen article? This is a fantastic recipe to try with your kids, even if you are a beginer. Pull a chair up to the counter, set your butter out to soften, and here we go!Print
Grammy’s Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup real butter, I use salted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour, salt, and soda. Mix until nearly combined. Add milk and mix. Dough will be crumbly.
- Use hands to form dough in to 3 balls.
- One at a time, roll a ball of dough out on to a floured surface 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut shapes. You can also use a glass to make circles.
- Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with colored sugars or other sprinkles.
- Bake for 9 minutes until puffed up but do not let the edges brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
Liked my Grammy’s Sugar Cookies? Try the M&M Sugar Cookies