Crispy flour tortillas, stuffed with a zesty and creamy chicken filling. You can’t go wrong making these delicious Creamy Chicken Flautas. Serve with a side of guacamole and a smile. You’ve got a real dinner winner!!
I love having a big Fiesta Dinner and inviting everyone over. Serve a big plate of Creamy Chicken Flautas, Secret Recipe Taco Filling, and Smothered Burritos. Don’t forget dessert! Churro Cheesecake Bars, and Apple Pie Taquitos are the absolute best!Print
Creamy Chicken Flautas
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, finely diced or shredded
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese, I used Monterey Jack
- 10 flour tortillas, 6 inch size
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter and add onions and garlic. Cook on medium high until unions are translucent. About 3 minutes.
- Add in cooked chicken, salsa, and sour cream. Cook for 3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese, and set the extra cheese aside.
- To prepare a glass baking dish, 9X13 or 7X11 will work fine, brush melted butter along the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Lay out a tortilla and top with 3 Tbsp chicken filing and sprinkle with extra cheese. Roll up and lay in the prepared baking dish. Repeat until pan is filled with flautas.
- Brush tops of flautas with melted butter. Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve with guacamole!