Caramel Apple Galette is basically a flat apple pie with caramel, and it is AWESOME!
We celebrated my mom’s birthday this weekend. She requested a yummy summer dessert that was also “Hawaii diet friendly”. She is taking a trip to Hawaii next month and has been so good at eating healthy. I was really excited to find this recipe in one of my Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient magazines.
I would never have guessed that this was a low point treat. Very very yummy and fresh. We sat on the front porch in warm summer evening weather and enjoyed dessert and lots of chatting.
Caramel Apple Galette
4 Points Plus per serving. Serves 12. 135 calories and 1.5 grams of fat per serving
1 tablespoon light stick butter
3 cups thinly sliced, peeled, Granny Smith apples (about 2 large apples)
1 can refrigerated pizza crust dough
3 tablespoons truvia sugar
½ cup sugar free caramel topping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apple slices and saute 4-5 minutes until tender and golden.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the paper with cooking spray.
4. Unroll the pizza dough and fold over edges to create a border. Spoon apple sliced on to dough.
5. Sprinkle filling with sugar and bake for 17 minutes until the crust is golden.
6. Let cool 3-5 minutes before slicing in to 12 servings. Drizzle with caramel before serving.
Source: Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient, 15 minute recipes. February/March issue
Liked my Caramel Apple Galette? Try the Carmel Apple Strata
↓↓↓ And don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓