Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry. Oh my heavens! This dinner is so delicious. It is a top on my list not only due to the taste but it comes together so quickly and it is loaded with fresh veggies. Want to make it even faster? I like to chop the veggies the night before or in the afternoon at naptime. Then you just cook it all up and voila! Dinner!
Look at all the beautiful color! Talk about appetizing.
This recipe comes directly from Mel’s Kitchen Café. I have been loving her site for getting recipes, and ideas for new recipes. The only thing I changed about this recipe is adding extra veggies. We love vegetables, so I was not shy with this one. Be sure to visit *Mel’s Kitchen Café* ASAP!
Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
20 oz can pineapple chunks in 100% juice, drained and reserve the juice
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (more if needed)
2 cups broccoli florets (I use frozen)
1 cups chopped carrots (the thinner the slice the better)
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
½ cup sliced mushrooms
¼ cup reserved pineapple juice
½ cup reserved pineapple juice
⅓ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon molasses
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon dried ginger
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Thinly slice the chicken breast and toss in a bowl with cornstarch and salt and pepper. Let the chicken sit for about 10 minutes while whisking the sauce and pepping the veggies.
2. For the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth
3. Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add half of the chicken and let it look until nicely browned, about 45 seconds. Flip and cook the other side. Remove to a plate and cook the rest of the chicken. As long as your chicken is sliced extra thin, it wont take long to cook through. Set the plate of chicken aside.
4. Add more oil to the skillet if needed and heat again until hot. Add all of the veggies and pineapple and cook while stirring. When veggies become slightly tender, add the ¼ cup reserved pineapple juice. Cover and let the veggies steam until they are crisp-tender. 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the chicken to the skillet and whisk the sauce and add to the skillet. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until is is slightly thick. Serve over hot rice.
Liked the Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry? Try Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken