Pasta is such a comfort food for me. Add a creamy sauce and I am in heaven. I usually whip up one of my favorite pasta dinners once a week. Chicken Enchilada Pasta is my all time favorite to make when I am having guests. But this Creamy Seafood pasta is getting added to my list of favorites! Do you have a go-to recipe for dinner guests?
Don’t be fooled by the long looking list of ingredients. This meal is easy to put together and most of the ingredients are staples that you probably already have in the kitchen.
This dinner took me 35 minutes total….I count that as a dinner time WIN! Feel free to half the recipe if you need but this is really wonderful reheated. It would also be a great recipe to take half of it to a friend. Who doesn’t appreciate a hot dinner delivered?!
If you don’t care for seafood, just sub in chicken or pork. Or add some sautéed summer veggies and make it a meat free dinner.
Creamy Seafood Pasta
- 16 oz uncooked pasta (try rotini, ziti, or penne)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 oz imitation crab meat (flaked)
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cans (14.5oz each) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp better than bouillon base
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups sour cream
- Cook the pasta according to directions to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan or pot. Add in the onion and minced garlic and saute over medium heat until tender.
- Add the shrimp, imitation crab, old bay seasoning, salt and pepper, broth, hot water, and bouillon base. Simmer until the shrimp are opaque. Stir to break up crab meat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream and flour. Add to the seafood mixture and mix well. Reduce heat to low and let summer until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in pasta. Let set with lid on for 15-20 minutes. Serve with fresh basil or cilantro as a garnish.
Liked this Creamy Seafood Pasta? Try my Chicken Enchilada Pasta