Ground Beef and Green Chili Enchiladas. When I got married, my family put together a cookbook for me with all of the favorite family recipes. My aunt gave me a recipe for Sour Cream Enchiladas.
Over the past 5 ½ years, I have been making these at least once a month and slowly adapting them. This is an inexpensive dinner and always a crowd pleaser.
It’s the sort of meal you can serve alone, or pair with a side salad and some corn salsa.
The beef filling is really yummy and this is a great dish to stretch your dollar. Adding a can of refried beans to the beef makes it go a little further and adds extra fiber.
Nothing gourmet here. You all know that I cook with canned soups and full fat sour cream.
I have told you about this cheese before. It may cost a little more, but it is so so creamy and good.
Oh man! I wish you could smell these. So yummy!!
We devoured these. And don’t worry about the green chilis, they are not spicy, they just add flavor. My two year old loves these enchiladas.
While you are at it, just double the recipe and a freeze a pan for when company drops by. Just cover it in heavy duty foil and freeze it just before the baking step.
When you are ready, just pop it in the oven for about an hour on 350 or until hot in the middle.
Ground Beef and Green Chili Enchiladas
1 lb ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
7oz can diced green chilies
¼ cup taco seasoning (1 pkg)
¾ cup water
15oz can refried beans
8 flour tortillas
15oz can cream of mushroom soup
15oz can cream of chicken soup
16oz sour cream
2 cups shredded cheese (I use a 3 cheese blend)
*Grease 9X13 pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees*
1. Brown the ground beef and onion. Drain off excess fat. Return to heat.
2. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Let cook down over medium heat until water is evaporated.
3. Stir in can of green chilies and can of refried beans. Heat over medium heat until the beans are creamy in the mixture and heated through. Remove from heat.
4. Roll up beef mixture in tortillas. Place in a greased 9X13 pan.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, mix both cans of soup and sour cream. Stir until well blended.
6. Top enchiladas with sour cream mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Let these set for about 15 minutes before serving.
Liked this Ground Beef and Green Chili Enchiladas? Try my Smothered Beef and Bean Burritos
↓↓↓ And don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓