On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days.. Here is recipe 33: Lemon Cake!
Have you met my daughters yet? Verity is 3 1/2 and Nora is coming on 2. These girls LOVE to have a tea party. We have some sort of tea party several times a week. Sometimes we do it up right with cake and cookies and little tea sandwiches. Other times its just water and a little make believe on the bathroom floor.
Also, I’d like to introduce you to Bunny. She is a very loved member of our family and does not leave Verity’s side. She and Verity are best of friends…..and have been since Verity was 9 months old.
This lemon cake is very very good! It packs quite a lemon punch….so it is not for the faint of taste.
This is Nora. Notice all of her fancy things. Necklaces galore and a pink fluffy tutu. She likes her tea to be mostly cream and sugar.
This is my sweet Verity. All I can say about her is that she is full of whimsy. This girl loves life and has quite a zeal!
Notice Bunny in the back. Pinkies up Verity.
Ok, so now for the recipe.
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softented
2 Tbsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Greese and 8X8 baking dish.
2. Zest and juice 2 large lemons and set aside for the cake and the glaze.
3. In a large mixing bowl (I used my kitchen aide mixer) beat the flour, sugar, salt and softened butter until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice iuntil well combined. Pour in to the flour mixture and beat at meduim speed until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour in to baking dish and bake 20-25 minutes until the edges turn golden and the center is set. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
1 rounded cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
8 tsp lemon zest
1. mix all ingredients in small bowl unitl smooth. Glaze cooled cake.
Liked my Lemon Cake? Try Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake
↓↓↓ And don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓