There isn't a better combo than lemon and blueberries. I have already shared with you my favorite Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf. This Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake is just what we need to take our taste buds in to spring. I added pudding and butter and fresh lemon zest to the batter. And don't even get me started on the Sunshine Sweet Lemon Curd that is between the layers. HELOO!!
If you are hosting a spring brunch, baby shower, or Sunday family dinner, you better make this the day before to have ready for your guests. You will be so amazed at the compliments you will get.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 round cake pans with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake and pudding. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add milk, melted butter, sour cream, and lemon juice and mix until well combined. Batter will be very thick and fluffy.
- Gently fold in blueberries with a spatula.
- Divide batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned on top and a knife inserte the the center comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool completely in the pans, them remove them and wrap in cling wrap. Place cakes in freezer until ready to assemble.
- Make Sunshine Sweet Lemon Curd and refrigerate 3 hours.
- To assemble cakes, remove from freezer and unwrap. Place one cake on a cake plate and pipe a barrier of frosting around the edge and fill with the Lemon Curd.
- Place second cake on top of lemon curd and contine with frosting on the top and sides of the cake.
- Top with fresh blueberries and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Liked the Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake? Try my Lemon Cake