Spring is coming! It really is. I’m so looking forward to seeing tulips bloom and green grass peek out from under the snow. Last year, I made these Easter Surprise Cupcakes and my girls went nuts for them. I am thinking they will be on the menu this Easter as well.
Have you tried the Duncan Hines Pink Velvet cake mix yet? I used it for the first time with this recipe and it did not disappoint. In true Joyful Momma fashion, I made alterations to the box ingredient list and I took these to bakery level. Adding milk and butter will do that!Print
Easter Surprise Cupcakes
- 1 box Duncan Hines Signature Pink Velet Cake MIx
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled to room temp
- Whipped Marshmallow Frosting
- Sprinkles for inside cupcakes
- Mini Robin Eggs candy
- Edible Easter grass
- Green sugar sprinkles for topping
- Candy bunnies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place 24 cupcake liners in cupcake tin.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, eggs, milk, and melted butter. Mix until smooth. Batter with be very thick and fluffy.
- Fill cups with batter only 2/3 full. Do not overfill as these really puff up.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
- Make Whipped Marshmallow Frosting and put in piping bag with any large tip.
- Using a spoon, carefully cut a circle from the top of the cooled cupcake and scoop out a portion of the middle. Fill with sprinkles and put top of cupcake back on before frosting.
- Pipe the frosting on to cupcakes and decorate with sugar sprinkles, Mini Robin Eggs, and edible Easter grass.
- Serve with a smile and watch your kids squeal with excitement as the sprinkles come pouring out.
Liked the Easter Surprise Cupcakes? Try my Oreo Cupcakes with Whipped Marshmallow Frosting