On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 47: Oreo Cupcakes with Whipped Marshmallow Frosting!
My cousin and I decided that it was time to try a new cupcake recipe. So, we set to Pinterest. Carrie doesn’t usually love chocolate but we both really love Oreos. So, we knew this would be a great recipe.
There is a full Oreo cookie hiding in the bottom of the cupcake liner. Surprise!! An extra treat!
I had seen this frosting recipe floating around Pinterest and I have been dying to try it. I tweaked it and doubled the amount and it was amazing! Paired with the chocolate cupcake, it tasted just like Oreo filling. Oh my landy, I was licking my fingers while eating this one.
See that delicious Oreo just hiding in the bottom of that cupcake. Make these right away and your friends and family will love you forever.Print
Oreo Cupcakes with Whipped Marshmallow Frosting
- 36 Oreo cookies, regular sizes, for bases
- 36 Oreo cookies, mini size, used to top off the cupcakes
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 36 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Lay one regular size Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to creamed butter mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour batter in to lined muffin tin over Oreo cookie. Only fill the cups half full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until done in the middle
- Top with Whipped Marshmallow Frosting.
Whipped Marshmallow Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 13 oz marshmallow cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Mix butter and marshmallow cream until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix on low.
- Add in milk and turn speed to medium. Mix until smooth and fluffy.
Liked my Oreo Cupcakes with Whipped Marshmallow Frosting? Try the German Chocolate Cupcakes
↓↓↓ And don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓