Lime Bars .Are.AMAZING. That is all.
2 sticks butter, melted but cooled to room temp.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup fresh lime juice (12-15 small-ish limes)
zest of 2 limes
pinch of salt
Enjoy your time in the kitchen:
1. Grease a 9X13 pan and line with foil. Then spray the foil as well.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and move the oven rack to the lower middle position.
3. Mix the crust ingredients in a bowl until combined. Press in to the bottom of the foil lined pan. Bake for 15- 17 minutes.
4. While the crust is baking, mix the filling. Just whip it all together until is is nice and combined.
5. When crust is finished baking, let it cool for 2 minutes, then pour on filling and return to oven to bake. Do not let it cool longer than about 2 minutes.
6. Bake for 22-24 minutes until set and not wobbly.
7. Now comes the hard part, practice the virtue of patience and let this cool for 30 minutes before sprinkling with powdered sugar and cutting in to bars.
*I like these best cold. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator*
Liked my Lime Bars recipe? Try the Key Lime Mousse Cups
↓↓↓ And don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓