These Oven Baked Cheeseburgers will have your guest begging for more. Serve these up all year long with your favorite toppings and a side of chips and salsa. My girls love these just how they are, but I like to add onion, tomato, lettuce, and avocado to mine. Oh heavens!
Juicy, saucy, and gooey cheeseburgers ready to serve to a crowd.
Let’s start by talking about this sauce. So, so easy to make and it has all of your favorite burger condiments. Mayo, check. Katchup, check. Pickles, check. Hello! The gang’s all here!
Next up…..the cheese. I used slice Colby Jack because I buy it at Costco and always have it on hand. It is also my favorite cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches. Use cheddar or your favorite…..but please, DON’T use American cheese…..these burgers deserve better than that.
Hello, you gorgeous beef patties. You can cook these up the same day you are serving the burgers, or you can cook them up and keep them in the freezer and just reheat to serve. I made these on the skillet right before serving because I just love love love a fresh, juicy burger. Keep reading and you will see how few ingredients you need to make “The World’s Best” burger patty.
Now, more sauce. And if you are crazy like me, one more slice of cheese. We aren’t counting calories with this burger……it is what it is….and it’s delicious!
Top with the bun and cover with foil. Put these in the oven for 12 minutes. Busy yourself pouring iced tea and pulling out your best paper plates.
Oven Baked Cheeseburgers
- 1 cup Mayonaise
- 1/4 cup Katchup
- 1/2 cup diced pickles
- 6 sesame hamburger buns
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6–12 slices colby jack cheese
- tomato, lettuce, onion, avocado, bacon for topping (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo, Katchup, and diced pickles. Set in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray. Lay bottom half of 6 hamburger buns in pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, sour cream, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Form burger mixture in to 6 patties and cook up on an electric skillet or frying pan. 2 minutes on each side should brown them nicely. I can fit 3 at a time on my electric skillet so it only takes me about 10 minutes to brown and cook all 6 patties. These are so fast to make.
- Spread 2 Tbsp of mayo sauce on the bottom bun and top with a slice of cheese.
- Place one burger patty and another piece of cheese (optional)
- Spread another 2 Tbsp sauce and top with top of bun.
- Cover entire pan with foil and bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve with all your favorite burger toppings and a side of chips and salsa.
Liked this Oven Baked Cheeseburgers recipe? Try my Best Ever Cheeseburgers