I live in Montana. I live right up against the mountains. Needless to say, we experienced Eternal Winter 2014. It was amazing the amount of snow that we got week after week. And don’t even remind me about the -29 temp in January. YIKES!!
Sparkling Summer Sangria
- 1 bottle Merlot
- 1 bottle Cabernet
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 2 lemons, sliced thin
- 3 limes, sliced thin
- 2 oranges, sliced thin
- 4 cans 7-Up, chilled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Orange Liqueur
- 1 cup brandy
- Ice for serving
- In a measuring cup, combine Orange Liqueur, Brandy, and Sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Place fruit in a large pitcher and pour Liqueur mixture over top. Use a spoon to gently mash fruit to release juices and stir.
- Pour Merlot and Cabernet wine over the fruit mixture and stir. Place in fridge for 4-6 hours or until ready to serve (up to 24 hours).
- When ready to serve, carefully pour in 7-Up and stir slowly.
- Fill glasses with ice and serve. Garnish with extra fruit if desired.
Liked the Sparkling Summer Sangria? Try my Authentic Irish Coffee