On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 11: Birthday Cake Cookies!
January can get kind of dreary and grey. It was nice to do some baking and toss in some sprinkles to brighten up our day.
These are a chocolate chip cookie with a twist. They have not only the usual semi sweet chocolate chips, but also white chocolate chips, sprinkles, and yellow cake mix.
The original recipe only called for one egg but the dough was very very dry. So, I added a second egg and these turned out perfect.
Need to brighten up someone’s day? A little special treat for no reason? Make these ASAP
Birthday Cake Cookies
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup yellow cake mix
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup butter flavored shortening, or butter at room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup sprinkles
1. In the bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter (or shortening) and sugars. Beat until light and fluffy.
2. Add in eggs and vanilla, mix well.
3. Add in flour, yellow cake mix, and baking soda. Stir just until combined.
4. Stir in chips and sprinkles with a spoon.
5. Spoon in to cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy with a tall glass of milk and a smile. Sugar rush….begin
Liked my Birthday Cake Cookies? Try my Candy Land Cake
↓↓↓ And don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓