When my husband and I started dating, it quickly became known that he does not have the same sweet tooth that I do. I rarely leave a restaurant without trying a dessert. I love sweets and I love to try new ones. However, the Butter Maple Blondies at Applebee's are a different story. He loves them and he doesn't share.
This is the second time I have made these Butter Maple Blondies for my family. These tasty treats are filled with white chocolate and pecans and smothered in a sauce made with sour cream and maple syrup. We all know how I feel about sour cream. The butter flavor is amazing and my husband claims they taste just like the Blondies at Applebee's. These are so decadent! I mean.......look at all that buttery maple drizzle and ice cream just staring from the plate. It's a beautiful thing....very beautiful.
I like to serve these warmed up with Butter Pecan ice cream (Praline ice cream is a great match as well). Save the left over sauce in the refrigerator to have on ice cream and pancakes. I may or may not have topped my oatmeal with some of the sauce, you know, just to test it out. I'ts amazing!!
Butter Maple BlondiesBy
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter Pecan ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8X8 baking dish and set aside.
- To make the blondies, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in pecans and white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool while making the maple sauce.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the granulated sugar, maple syrup, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Let the sauce simmer for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Let it cool for a minute or two. Whisk in the sour cream and vanilla.
- But the Butter Maple Blondies and serve with a scoop of Butter Pecan ice cream and drizzle with Maple Butter Sauce.
Don't miss out the Perfect Maple Cinnamon Rolls