I found this recipe for the Best Ever M&M brownies about 4 years ago when I was getting really frustrated with boxed brownie mix. I would get a hankering for a really amazing brownie, whip up a box mix like my mom used, and then be disappointed with the results. They never seemed to be “just right”
So, enter this little gem of a recipe. I cannot remember what magazine I found this in. But I do know it was from a magazine. I don’t even remember what the recipe was called. I just call them the Best Ever M&M Brownies.
This is a nice thick batter. You can see what I mean when I say “spread it in to the pan”. The thick consistency is what keeps is so yummy and rich in the middle, yet creating a nice cracked top.
Trust me, you will want to eat these for breakfast with your coffee. I know, I’ve been there.
Best Ever M&M BrowniesBy
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ⅔ cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line 9X13 baking pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine butter and cocoa. Mix well
- Add sugars and salt. Mix well
- Add eggs. One at a time and mix well each time in between eggs. Do not add all at once, and really mix well. You don’t want a bite of chocolate cooked egg bit. Gross!
- Add flour. Mix well
- Gently stir in M&Ms
- Bake 30-35 min until the edges pull away slightly from the pan and center is done.
- *If you are needing to make a goodie for a Christmas party or guest, drizzle some melted white chocolate over these delicious babies and serve them with a very proud smile. I have even drizzled melted Andies mint candies over them. OH.MY.Heavens!!
Liked this Best Ever M&M brownies? Try The Best Ever Brownies