I really love monster cookies. So naturally I LOVE monster cookie bars! The great thing about them is that you can use up extra candy and mix and match chips in them. This time I went for a white chocolate, M&M, semi sweet chocolate combo. It paired so perfectly together with the almond butter.
I have never used almond butter in my baking before. However, I was running low on peanut butter and as a mom of toddlers I knew that I better not drain the PB jar before my next trip to the store. My girls love peanut butter. So, I substituted the freshly unopened jar of almond butter and it worked out so well. I could not stop eating these. I would steal little pieces at a time and before I knew it a whole row was gone.
If you want to mix it up, try using butterscotch chips or Reese’s Pieces candy. The options go on and on.Print
Monster Cookie Bars With Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 12oz white chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9X13 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in peanut butter, almond butter, eggs, and baking soda. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in oats until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips, M&Ms, and chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until done. Do not over bake as these are best when still a little soft.
- Let cool and slice in to bars.
Liked the Monster Cookie Bars With Almond Butter? Try my Monster Cookies